Curriculum at TVSPS
Board and curriculum:
- We follows state syllabus and we are implementing ABL(Activity based learning ) method of learning up to IVth std.,
- SALM method for V std.,
Economic Background of the students:
Our school is a govt. aided school. 70% of our students are from economically poor background, 30% of students are from middle class background hence there is no income for our campus. But still the management has gifted us with all facilities similar to other TVS Schools.
Formative Assessment (a), FA(b), Summative Assessment & PAT Examination are conducted by the exam committee with the following objectives:
- Evaluation the attainment of the students periodically
- Identifying aspects in which area that the students should be focused
- Measuring through the FA (a) test, the various skills that are hidden among the students (such as song, role play & skit etc) are expressed
Special Activities & Functions:
- Parenting Session
- Parents Teachers meeting
- Literary Association
- Art and Craft Exhibition
- Sports Day
- Project Day
- Talents day
- Annual Day
- Quality Circle
- Teachers' Development and training programme
- Communication skill development
- Life skill programme
- Residential camp for students
- Educational Field Trip for students
- Staff Tour
- Open house - Parents meet
- Celebration of National functions
- Sports meet and Annual day
- Students & Teachers' outside competitions
On the first week of school, all parents are invited to attend an orientation session, during the session the parents are informed about the curriculum and school proceedings to be followed during the academic year .
Parenting sessions are conducted term wise .Resource persons interact with different topics for the holistic development of the students. A feedback survey is conducted at the end and suggestions are followed up.
TAMIL AND ENGLISH LITERARY ASSOCIATION
Tamil and English literary associations are formed for assisting the students in all aspects of education through subject experts.
LIFE SKILL PROGRAMME
Apart from academics students acquire general knowledge through life skill programmes.
- Basic first aid
- Handling minor electrical projects
- Knowing Bank & ATM usage
EDUCATIONAL FIELD TRIP FOR STUDENTS
Field Trips Objectives:
- New experience
- The value of learning outside of the classroom
- Interesting way to learn
- Field trip shows students how their subjects apply to the real world
- Contribute to the development of skills
- Studies of language, Science arts, geography and history can be greatly enhanced
- Talking to local People seeing different aspects of the culture.
- Opportunity to observe a particular environment.
- To learn a type of social behavior
CULTURALLY ENRICHING FIELD TRIPS
We don't just want our children to acquire work skills from their education; we also want them to develop into civilized people who appreciate the breadth of human accomplishments. The school field trip is an important tool for meeting this goal.
- Quality circle-case study movement was started in our school in the year 2000.
- Nearly 13 staff teams and 42 student teams have presented the case study presentations.
- QC has brought about immense progress in many skills among the students such as
- Thinking skill
- Creative skill
- Questioning skill
- Analyzing skill
- Synthesis skill
- Presentation skill
The QC tools such as brain storming and cause & effect diagram are a boon to the students while they face tricky situations and challengeable problems.
- Open house communication channels between teachers, students and parents.
- Open house is conducted 3 times a year.
- The teachers discuss with the parents about their wards performance in the term exams.
- Remedial measures are taken.
|Drawing competition conducted at the school premises||Students won prize and medals in various competitions|
BHAGAVATH GEETHA COMPETITION
About 400 students took part in the Bhagavat gita recitation competition.
Many of them received awards and certificates